qpid-users mailing list archives

From Terance Dias <tera...@socialtwist.com>
Subject qpid async replication and failover
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 12:29:04 GMT
Hi,

We are trying out qpid with async replication. We have multiple clients
accessing the master node for reading and writing messages. If the master
node goes down, the client that tried to access it failsover to the slave
node.
The problem that we are facing is that if the master recovers and one of
the other clients that had not tried to access the master node (while it as
down) would not have failed over to the slave and will continue to access
the master. So I could end up having some of my clients accessing the
master while some are accessing the slave. This could lead to inconsistent
state of the queues.
My question is how do i get all my clients to failover all at once. I
realize that perhaps this is not a problem that qpid should solve and maybe
should be solved outside of qpid but I just want to know if anybody has
faced similar problem before. I guess setting up circular replication (so
that both nodes are in sync) could help but qpid doesn't support circular
replication. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Terance.