qpid-users mailing list archives

From Phil Harvey <p...@philharveyonline.com>
Subject Re: java broker with jms and point to point
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 05:11:16 GMT
Hi,

Is there anything unusual about your scenario?  For example, are your
messages large, or is there a slow network connection to the broker, or are
your client or broker machines heavily loaded?  In common with most
messaging brokers, Qpid can process many thousands of messages per second
so there must be something odd about your environment.

As with many performance problems, thread dumps are your friend.  Capture a
few thread dumps from your client application during the 20s delay (eg
using JStack) and I bet you'll see exactly where the bottleneck is.

Phil