qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does the java broker support broker federation?
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 11:18:11 GMT
Indeed... previously the Java Broker implemented the same federation
scheme as the C++ broker, but as this was based on QMF, for which
support was difficult to maintain, the code was recently removed from
the broker along with all other QMF code. In principle adding back
some sort of similar federation functionality is not a huge task, but
it has not been at the top of my priority list (most use cases that
can be solved with federation can also be solved by having bridging
clients between brokers).

What functional requirements / use-cases are you looking at to be
solved by federation?

Cheers,
Rob