qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: C++ clients unable to communicate with Java broker
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 01:34:54 GMT
Hi Jeremy,

does the Java Broker log contain any useful information (it should
appear in ${QPID_HOME}/log).

I just built the 0.18 C++ clients on 32-bit Ubuntu 12.04 and ran the
example against the 0.18 Java Broker with no issue.

The only other avenue to potentially explore is some sort of firewall
/ other security mechanism which is stopping you connecting to port
5672 (which you could verify by trying to telnet to that port on your
local machine).

Cheers,
Rob
On 25 October 2012 21:30, Jeremy Wagner <coolness_2000@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been unable to get the C++ clients (i.e. spout/drain) to successfully connect
to the Java broker. Even though, I can get the Java clients to connect to the Java broker
as well both the C++ and Java clients to connect to the C++ broker. The Java broker is running
with the default configuration as I'm trying to establish a working connection between the
C++ clients and the Java broker before making configuration changes. I did look through the
archives of this mailing list and it has been mentioned that this should be possible as long
the username/password was provided as well. So this is what I did with no success.

> Terminal 1:
> qpid-server  -- this starts the Java broker - this uses the default config.xml/virtualhosts.xml
files so the named 'queue' is already defined

> Terminal 2:
> ./spout -c 1 -b guest/guest@localhost queue
> Output was:
> <timestamp> [Client] warning Connection [127.0.0.1:xxx-127.0.0.1:5672] closed
> Failed to connect (reconnect disabled)
>
> Terminal 3:
> ./drain -c 1 -f -b guest/guest@localhost queue
> Output was:
> <timestamp> [Client] warning Connection [127.0.0.1:xxx-127.0.0.1:5672] closed
> Failed to connect (reconnect disabled)
>
> I would appreciate any guidance to get the C++ clients working with the Java broker.
Thank you.