qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: C++ clients unable to communicate with Java broker
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 10:00:35 GMT
Hi Jeremy,

OK... I think I know what the problem is now - the machine on which
you built the C++ client almost certainly doesn't have the SASL
libraries installed.

When I build on a CentOS machine without SASL installed then I see
exactly the issue you are reporting.

If I install the SASL libraries and rebuild the C++ client then it all
works fine

(I did yum install cyrus-sasl-devel which seemed to pull in all the
necessary dependencies).

Cheers,
Rob

On 26 October 2012 03:34, Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godfrey@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> does the Java Broker log contain any useful information (it should
> appear in ${QPID_HOME}/log).
>
> I just built the 0.18 C++ clients on 32-bit Ubuntu 12.04 and ran the
> example against the 0.18 Java Broker with no issue.
>
> The only other avenue to potentially explore is some sort of firewall
> / other security mechanism which is stopping you connecting to port
> 5672 (which you could verify by trying to telnet to that port on your
> local machine).
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
> On 25 October 2012 21:30, Jeremy Wagner <coolness_2000@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have been unable to get the C++ clients (i.e. spout/drain) to successfully connect
to the Java broker. Even though, I can get the Java clients to connect to the Java broker
as well both the C++ and Java clients to connect to the C++ broker. The Java broker is running
with the default configuration as I'm trying to establish a working connection between the
C++ clients and the Java broker before making configuration changes. I did look through the
archives of this mailing list and it has been mentioned that this should be possible as long
the username/password was provided as well. So this is what I did with no success.

>> Terminal 1:
>> qpid-server  -- this starts the Java broker - this uses the default config.xml/virtualhosts.xml
files so the named 'queue' is already defined

>> Terminal 2:
>> ./spout -c 1 -b guest/guest@localhost queue
>> Output was:
>> <timestamp> [Client] warning Connection [127.0.0.1:xxx-127.0.0.1:5672] closed
>> Failed to connect (reconnect disabled)
>>
>> Terminal 3:
>> ./drain -c 1 -f -b guest/guest@localhost queue
>> Output was:
>> <timestamp> [Client] warning Connection [127.0.0.1:xxx-127.0.0.1:5672] closed
>> Failed to connect (reconnect disabled)
>>
>> I would appreciate any guidance to get the C++ clients working with the Java broker.
Thank you.