qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Whether to use Queues or Topics.. ?
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 13:45:09 GMT
Sajith,

As Phil mentioned, using durable subscriptions is one way of doing it.

You could also use Queues in this case as long as you use 1 queue per node.
When your "client" sends a message it will end up in all the nodes
"interested" in your message.

Lets say you send a message to the following address "amq.topic/abc"
... "abc" here is the subject and is mapped to the routing key in AMQP
0-10.

If you have nodes with queues bound to amq.topic with binding key
"abc" then all of them will get the message.
Your nodes can have the following address when they create their subscriptions.

"node1; {create: always, durable: true,
x-binding:{exchange:'amq.topic', key:abc}}"

This address will create a queue named "node1", mark it as durable and
then bind it to the amq.topic exchange using the key 'abc'.
If you don't want the messages to survive a server restart then you
can ommit the durable flag.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rajith