qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andy Goldstein <andy.goldst...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Questions related to C++ QPID AMQP encode/decode funtions
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 14:21:58 GMT
Yes, they do convert the map or list to binary.  The AMQP specification defines the encoding
at the wire level for all the various supported data types such as maps, lists, fixed-width
fields such as numbers and strings, and so on.

Andy

On Oct 22, 2012, at 10:15 AM, Joe Ly wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone in here knows the details of how encode/decode functions work?
Do those functions convert Variant::Map/Variant::List to binary stream and send that binary
stream over the network? How do they do that?