qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: C++ clients unable to communicate with Java broker
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 06:57:41 GMT
On 10/26/2012 11:00 AM, Rob Godfrey wrote:
> OK... I think I know what the problem is now - the machine on which
> you built the C++ client almost certainly doesn't have the SASL
> libraries installed.
>
> When I build on a CentOS machine without SASL installed then I see
> exactly the issue you are reporting.

Can you get a protocol trace for that (e.g. set
QPID_LOG_ENABLE=trace+:amqp_0_10  on the client)?

The cyrus integration is supposed to be optional and if not available a
default implementation that supports only ANONYMOUS and PLAIN *should*
be built in.

You can explicitly control the SASL mechanism used through the
connection options e.g. --connection-options '{sasl_mechanisms:PLAIN}'.

(You can if desired also specify the username and password in the
connection options instead of in the URL e.g. --connection-options
'{sasl_mechanisms:PLAIN,username:guest,password:guest}')