qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [c++] AMQP 1.0 support: 0.20 milestones
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 21:17:34 GMT
On 10/10/2012 10:01 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
> I think I will slightly change tack again for the next weeks work and
> while I wait for PROTON-9 I will focus instead in splitting out some of
> this work into patches to be committed to the trunk. Specifically I'll
> try and separate all the changes to the existing codepaths from the new
> additions, since the former are the more risky.

I've now done this and the patches are attached to a newly created JIRA
tracking this work: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-4368. The
changes to existing codepaths are available in review board as well.

> I still plan to include this work in 0.20. As mentioned previously, both
> on broker and client, the 1.0 support is built directly into the broker
> and messaging lib respectively. On the broker I believe it is vital to
> be able to turn 1.0 off. That reduces risk/impact of bugs in the new
> codepaths. Given the likely lack of ACL support it also prevents 1.0
> becoming a security hole.  One way of achieving this optionality would
> be to make it a separate loadable module but it could also just be a
> configuration option.

The latest patches add two new plugins, one for broker and one for
client, providing the 1.0 support. This means disabling support is as
simple as not loading the module.

On the client this means a slight change to selecting 1.0 (0-10 is the
default even when 1.0 module is loaded at present). You now specify a
connection option 'protocol' with value 'amqp1.0'.

The modules to load are amqp.so for the broker and amqpc.so for the
client. At present these can only be built using the autotools build
(all the preparatory work now builds with cmake also). I'll be adding
cmake support for the plugins themselves soon.

PROTON-9 is also ready now - thanks Rafi! - so I'll be working on
exploiting that as well.