qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: qpid async replication and failover
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 10:03:29 GMT
On 10/05/2012 10:40 AM, Terance Dias wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your reply Gordon.
>
> We are using the replication described at  http://qpid.apache.org/books/**
> trunk/AMQP-Messaging-Broker-**CPP-Book/html/queue-state-**replication.html<http://qpid.apache.org/books/trunk/AMQP-Messaging-Broker-CPP-Book/html/queue-state-replication.html>
> .
> We are running on Ubuntu.

Ok, that certainly seems to have rgmanager:
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/precise/man8/rgmanager.8.html

> We decided to go with this kind of replication because it allowed HA
> solution across networks. Does the new mechanism work across networks or
> are the nodes required to be in the same network?

No. The replication in the new HA scheme is done over AMQP (over
inter-broker aka 'federation' links).

> Also, I'm new to Linux. So I just wanted to know how rgmanager works. Does
> it run on a separate node and monitors the cluster nodes? In that case can
> it be a single point of failure?

No, I believe it runs on all the nodes participating in the cluster.
These daemons all communicate such that they can determine when one node
is 'down', shut it out the system and attempt to recover it.

> Also, Please let me know if you know if anybody has deployed the new
> cluster mechanism in production.

No, I don;t think so yet. Though it is undergoing testing right now by
an actual project.