qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid Route with External IPs does not work correctly.
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 07:20:49 GMT
On 10/01/2012 05:59 PM, ParkiratBagga wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have setup 2 c++ qpid-servers(0.14 version) in different regions.
> Also I have setup a qpid-route between them with transport as SSL.
>
> qpid-route -d -s -t ssl queue add <destination-&lt;b>EXTERNAL-IP*:ssl-port>
> <source-INTERNAL-IP:qpid-port> <exchange> <queue>
>
> I am using external I.P to connect the destination to source, and the
> destination is not reachable using the internal I.P.
>
> The link is durable and the queues and exchanges are also durable in both
> the servers.
> Also, it is a push route from source to destination.
>
> Now, when I restart the source broker. The link survives and reconnects
> back.
> But, when I restart the destination broker, the link failover to the
> internal I.P. of the destination broker.
>
> Is this a bug, as I have given External I.P while creating the link but it
> failovers to Internal I.P which is not reachable?
>
> Is there any workaround for this?

Try setting --known-hosts-url on the destination broker to only include
the external IP...

> Moreover, this is the problem with c++ broker(0.14).
>
> I tested with c++ broker(0.18), where situation is more worse.
> Assuming the same setup as mentioned above.
> In version 0.18,
>
> When I restart the source, it does not start, and in the logs it says trying
> to establish the link but ssl is not supported transport type, and

Yes, that was a regression that is now fixed:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-4347, note also another
regression in 0.18 (and 0.16 I believe) that is relevant for SSL and
federation: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-4315.