qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Wagner <coolness_2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: C++ clients unable to communicate with Java broker
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 20:20:39 GMT
Hello,

I forgot to mention that I'm running with Qpid 0.18 on Red Hat Linux (64 bits) where the Qpid
cpp component was compiled as 32 bits (CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, and LDFLAGS). Thank you.

Jeremy

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeremy Wagner <coolness_2000@yahoo.com>
To: "users@qpid.apache.org" <users@qpid.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 12:30 PM
Subject: C++ clients unable to communicate with Java broker

Hello,

I have been unable to get the C++ clients (i.e. spout/drain) to successfully connect to the
Java broker. Even though, I can get the Java clients to connect to the Java broker as well
both the C++ and Java clients to connect to the C++ broker. The Java broker is running with
the default configuration as I'm trying to establish a working connection between the C++
clients and the Java broker before making configuration changes. I did look through the archives
of this mailing list and it has been mentioned that this should be possible as long the username/password
was provided as well. So this is what I did with no success.

Terminal 1:
qpid-server  -- this starts the Java broker - this uses the default config.xml/virtualhosts.xml
files so the named 'queue' is already defined

Terminal 2:
./spout -c 1 -b guest/guest@localhost queue
Output was:
<timestamp> [Client] warning Connection [127.0.0.1:xxx-127.0.0.1:5672] closed
Failed to connect (reconnect disabled)

Terminal 3:
./drain -c 1 -f -b guest/guest@localhost queue
Output was:
<timestamp> [Client] warning Connection [127.0.0.1:xxx-127.0.0.1:5672] closed
Failed to connect (reconnect disabled)

I would appreciate any guidance to get the C++ clients working with the Java broker. Thank
you.

Jeremy