qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Wagner <coolness_2...@yahoo.com>
Subject C++ clients unable to communicate with Java broker
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 19:30:13 GMT
Hello,

I have been unable to get the C++ clients (i.e. spout/drain) to successfully connect to the
Java broker. Even though, I can get the Java clients to connect to the Java broker as well
both the C++ and Java clients to connect to the C++ broker. The Java broker is running with
the default configuration as I'm trying to establish a working connection between the C++
clients and the Java broker before making configuration changes. I did look through the archives
of this mailing list and it has been mentioned that this should be possible as long the username/password
was provided as well. So this is what I did with no success.

Terminal 1:
qpid-server  -- this starts the Java broker - this uses the default config.xml/virtualhosts.xml
files so the named 'queue' is already defined

Terminal 2:
./spout -c 1 -b guest/guest@localhost queue
Output was:
<timestamp> [Client] warning Connection [127.0.0.1:xxx-127.0.0.1:5672] closed
Failed to connect (reconnect disabled)

Terminal 3:
./drain -c 1 -f -b guest/guest@localhost queue
Output was:
<timestamp> [Client] warning Connection [127.0.0.1:xxx-127.0.0.1:5672] closed
Failed to connect (reconnect disabled)

I would appreciate any guidance to get the C++ clients working with the Java broker. Thank
you.

Jeremy