qpid-users mailing list archives

From ParkiratBagga <parkiratba...@gmail.com>
Subject Journal Upgrade from Qpid Version 0.12 to Qpid Version 0.14
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 18:51:20 GMT
Hi,

I am doing an upgrade of qpid c++ version from 0.12 version to 0.14 version.
The qpid version was using BDB persistence store.

Now when I point the Qpid-0.14 data-dir to the already existing data-dir
used by 0.12 version, I get the following error:

===========================
Daemon startup failed: BDB exception occurred while initializing store
(MessageStoreImpl.cpp:378): DbEnv::open: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run
database recovery
2012-10-04 14:43:34 critical Unexpected error: Daemon startup failed: BDB
exception occurred while initializing store (MessageStoreImpl.cpp:378):
DbEnv::open: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery

Is the persistence store not backward compatible?

If so, are there any tools to migrate the queues?

Is it possible through any copy of files, say I start the qpid-0.14 server
with empty data-dir and then copy the jrnl folder to the data dir and some
how update the db files present in the dat folder with existing queues?

Regards,
Parkirat Singh Bagga.