qpid-users mailing list archives

From Steve Huston <shus...@riverace.com>
Subject Re: Qpid Configuration Management
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 15:13:19 GMT
Hi Holger,

On 10/19/12 7:49 AM, "Holger Winkelmann" <hw@travelping.com<mailto:hw@travelping.com>>
wrote:

Hi All,

We are just looking to use qpid and QMF as our message broker
to distribute management informations for a couple of distributed
applications. While reading qpid FAQs and docs. I'm wondering about
the QPID configurations management system as a whole. based on what I'm
reading QPID must have an internal? configrations management DB which
holds at least the running configuration of a given broker.

The running configuration is kept in memory. You can use a config file to pass options to
the broker, so in that sense your options could be stored for use in successive runs.

Reading
about durable links and routes for federation tells me there must be also
a persistent and durable store for configuration data. Can anybody point
me in the right directions how qpid manages the configurations, how qpid
stores configurations

Durable links and routes are stored in the broker's persistent store which is an optionally
loaded module.

and how configurations are distributed across a qpid
HA cluster please.

I'm not sure how the HA module interacts with federated links. Hopefully someone with more
knowledge in that area will assist with this.

A pointer to the right place in the source code would
be already helpful. BTW I'm speaking about the C++ Broker.

qpid/cpp/src – the areas you discuss are spread across a few subdirectories under that.

Best regards,
-Steve Huston