qpid-users mailing list archives

From Phil Harvey <philharveyonl...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Looking for feedback on a design, based on Qpid
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 21:33:50 GMT
Hi Sajith,

Apart from the fact that you have ~1000 nodes, what other non-functional
requirements do you have?  For example:

- What is the acceptable time lag between the application being deployed
and a node receiving notification?
- What frequency of application deployments do you expect?
- Which of the following notification semantics do you require:
exactly-once / at-least-once / at-most-once ?
- Do you need to handle message "conflation" addressed by last-value queues
(https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/use-last-value-queues-lvq.html)?
- How are your nodes distributed, e.g. is each nodes a separate process?

On the technical side, have you already made any decisions?  For example:

- Are you planning to use the Java or C++ Qpid broker?
- What platform/language do your nodes use?

Most of my experience with the Java broker, which dedicates a thread to
each connection.  I don't expect a few thousand connections would cause
problems but I believe others on this list have more experience of testing
the broker's upper limits.

Phil