qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.18 java broker and jmx console
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2012 16:43:56 GMT
That sounds like an annoyance of how RMI based JMX works, whereby the RMI
stub being advertised in the registry can end up containing an
address/hostname which you cant actually connect to. There are a few things
I have seen can cause this, but one is the most usual: is the broker
running on a machine which is multi-homed?

You can find out what the stub is advertising by trying the connection with
JConsole and turning up some relevant logger level. Download
http://blogs.oracle.com/roller/resources/jmxetc/logging.properties and save
it somewhere, then launch JConsole from that directory using command:
jconsole -J-Djava.util.logging.config.file=logging.properties

Somewhere in the vast log spam that will emerge when you try to connect
will be a line such as the following, which may have something unexpected
sitting where I have put ADDRESS:
FINER: [javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector:
rmiServer=RMIServerImpl_Stub[UnicastRef2 [liveRef:
[endpoint:[<ADDRESS>:9099](remote),objID:[5faed970:139eed08a9e:-7fff,
-1868355453289569041]]]]] connecting...

What does yours say?

Robbie