qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Detecting Lost Messages
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 06:51:46 GMT
On 09/10/2012 01:20 AM, Mark White wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm attempting to notify the publisher when a message fails to be accepted by any bindings
in a topic exchange, and subsequently is delivered to the alternate exchange.  I found a jira
from a while back that "rejects un-routable transfers," but it was never completed.  Is there
any other built in way to accomplish this?

You can define an 'alternate-exchange' for that topic exchange. Any
message that does not match any binding in the first exchange will be
routed to the alternate-exchange.

Publishers can then bind to the alternate exchange to receive messages
that they send which cannot be routed to a queue on the original exchange.