qpid-users mailing list archives

From oggie <gog...@gmail.com>
Subject java broker with jms and point to point
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 13:59:02 GMT
I'm using 0.18 java broker. I'm also using a jms producer and and a jms
consumer. The consumer is using the MessageListener class and the onMessage
listener.  I'm also using spring jms.

It appears that it's in pub/sub mode since the queue doesn't accept message
till a consumer attaches. I'm also seeing duplicates.

And when I connect the Qpid JMX management console, for some reason the
queue shows the message age, message size and queue depth to all be zero...

But my vhost has this:

<virtualhosts>
    <default>myHost</default>
    <virtualhost>
            <name>myHost</name>
            <shift>
                <store>

<class>org.apache.qpid.server.store.derby.DerbyMessageStore</class>

<environment-path>${QPID_WORK}/derbystore</environment-path>
                </store>

                <queues>
                    <minimumAlertRepeatGap>30000</minimumAlertRepeatGap>
                    <maximumMessageCount>50</maximumMessageCount>
                    <queue>
                        <name>myQueue</name>
                        <queue>
                            <exchange>amq.direct</exchange>
                            <maximumQueueDepth>4235264</maximumQueueDepth>

                            <maximumMessageSize>2117632</maximumMessageSize>

                            <maximumMessageAge>3600000</maximumMessageAge>

                        </queue>
                    </queue>
                </queues>
            </shift>
    </virtualhost>
</virtualhosts>

So the questions I have are:
1 - Is there a way to configure it to be point to point?
2 - How do I avoid any duplicates? Or do I have to handle that in the
consumer?
3 - Why does the jmx console show the fields as zero?
4 - Is it normal when I do connect the consumer and producer to the queue
that it creates 7 TempQueues?

Thanks!