qpid-users mailing list archives

From maverick_muguda <naveenkumar.mug...@gmail.com>
Subject Unable to Setup SSL between Java Client and C++ broker
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2012 19:05:03 GMT
Hi All,

 As a newbie to both Qpid and SSL, i am trying to setup a SSL protected
route b/w two QPID exchanges. As part of this exercise i am trying to setup
a SSL protected connection b/w a CPP broker and a Java Client. I am
following the instructions mentioned in the
http://rajith.2rlabs.com/2010/03/01/apache-qpid-securing-connections-with-ssl/
SSL-Howto  link .

I have followed 2.0 to 2.2 sections and then 2.4  and 4 sections. As part of
my experimental setup, i have used the password for the various databases
and keystores. I was unsure of the contents of the ssl-cert-password-file,
so, i have provided the same password as the only content of this file.

I have launched the C++ broker as "/ebs/qpid/cpp/src/qpidd --ssl-cert-db
server_db/  --ssl-cert-password-file broker-pfile  --ssl-cert-name
localhost.localdomain  --ssl-port 5674". I am trying to point the
Hello.java/class  that comes with QPID to connect to this server(I have
verified its working, by connecting to a plain-vanilla C++ broker). The
command i used is the same as the own mentioned in the SSL-Howto page.

I see the following error message in the client window

"SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further
details.
javax.jms.JMSException: Error creating connection: connect() timed out
        at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionFactory.createConnection(AMQConnectionFactory.java:119)
        at org.apache.qpid.example.Hello.runTest(Hello.java:51)
        at org.apache.qpid.example.Hello.main(Hello.java:40)
Caused by: org.apache.qpid.AMQConnectionFailureException: connect() timed
out [error code 200: reply success]
        at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnection.<init>(AMQConnection.java:435)
        at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionFactory.createConnection(AMQConnectionFactory.java:115)
        ... 2 more
Caused by: org.apache.qpid.AMQException: Cannot connect to broker: connect()
timed out [error code 200: reply success]
        at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionDelegate_0_10.makeBrokerConnection(AMQConnectionDelegate_0_10.java:238)
        at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnection.makeBrokerConnection(AMQConnection.java:572)
        at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnection.<init>(AMQConnection.java:358)
        ... 3 more
Caused by: org.apache.qpid.transport.ConnectionException: connect() timed
out
        at org.apache.qpid.transport.Connection.connect(Connection.java:267)
        at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionDelegate_0_10.makeBrokerConnection(AMQConnectionDelegate_0_10.java:219)
        ... 5 more"

and the following message in the broker window
"
2012-09-02 18:18:25 error Error reading socket: Encountered end of file
[-5938]
"

Also, the connection factory string used is
"connectionfactory.qpidConnectionfactory =
amqp://guest:guest@clientid/test?brokerlist='tcp://localhost:5674?ssl=true'"

I am unable to figure out what is wrong in my setup. Can some one please
help?

Thanks in Advance,
Naveen