qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>
Subject Re: java no-auth
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 19:31:40 GMT
I guess probably the easiest way to see whats going on with the broker
is to use the JMX console ...
http://qpid.apache.org/books/0.16/AMQP-Messaging-Broker-Java-Book/html/Qpid-JMX-Management-Console.html

Why do you assume that it doesn't work - do you get an error in the
client when sending the message to the exchange?

Regards
JAkub

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 8:01 PM,  <Laurent.Decorps@sungard.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>           <exchanges>
>                 <exchange>
>                     <type>topic</type>
>                     <name>MsgServer</name>
>                     <durable>true</durable>
>                     <sequence>true</sequence>
>                 </exchange>
>             </exchanges>
>
> I tried this, and it does not seem to work. Do you know how I could query the java broker
so that I could see what is actually up & running ?

level sequencing with Java broker.

> Regards
> Jakub
>
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 4:45 PM,  <Laurent.Decorps@sungard.com> wrote:
>> Hi Jakub,
>>
>> I am using 0.16
>>
>> Here is something that works ;) I managed to recreate the equivalent
>> to this
>>
>> call python qpid-config add queue ApexInbound --durable call python
>> qpid-config bind amq.direct ApexInbound ApexInbound
>>
>> with the java broker, by adding simply this to the virtualhost.xml
>> <queues>
>>                 <exchange>amq.direct</exchange>
>>                 <maximumQueueDepth>4235264</maximumQueueDepth>
>>                 <!--4Mb -->
>>                 <maximumMessageSize>2117632</maximumMessageSize>
>>                 <!--2Mb -->
>>                 <maximumMessageAge>600000</maximumMessageAge>
>>                 <!--10 mins -->
>>                 <maximumMessageCount>50</maximumMessageCount>
>>                 <!--50 messages -->
>>                 <queue>
>>                     <name>ApexInbound</name>
>>                 </queue>
>>                 <queue>
>>                     <name>ApexOutbound</name>
>>                 </queue>
>>                 <queue>
>>                     <name>ApexErrorOutbpound</name>
>>                 </queue>
>>             </queues>
>>
>> Have you got any idea as to how to get the equivalent for python
>> qpid-config add exchange topic MsgServer --durable --sequence
>>
>> I don't mind at this point which method I use, so long as the topic /
>> exchange is created properly :)
>>
>> Kind Regards

either in the virtualhosts.xml file or using the JMX Management Console?

>> Regards
>> Jakub
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 4:19 PM,  <Laurent.Decorps@sungard.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Gordon,
>>>
>>> Yes, I think I went slightly further ->
>>>
>>> python qpid-config -b guest/guest@192.168.1.3:5672 add exchange topic
>>> MsgServer --durable --sequence
>>>
>>> gives me this
>>>
>>> Failed: NotFound: no such queue: qmf.default.topic
>>>
>>> I just want to replicate in the java world the setup I have with qpidd. Which
boils down to being able to run the broker with auth=no and with a topic that would be created
by the pyton script above. If there was a way to populate virtualhosts.xml that would be wonderful
but I am not sure that's doable at the moment...

>>> Kind Regards

broker url e.g. -b guest/guest@myhost:5672. That will enable PLAIN on the client which should
succeed.

>>> As above, one option is to use the guest/guest account which exists by default.
Alternatively you can enable ANONYMOUS support for qpid-server, but I'll have to defer to
others for details on how to accomplish that.

>>> One word of warning however, is that the python based command line tools such
as qpid-config were developed against qpidd and so don't work perfectly against qpid-server
for all cases. Creating and deleting is ok, querying tends to give confusing results. Even
worse however, for the upcoming 0.18 release they don't work at all.

>>> If you can describe your use case there may be some suggestion on alternate ways
to accomplish it that may cause less frustration.