qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>
Subject Re: java no-auth
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 14:42:15 GMT
Hi Laurent,

Do you need to use the qpid-config tool? Can't you configure the
exchanges/queues either in the virtualhosts.xml file or using the JMX
Management Console?

Regards
Jakub

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 4:19 PM,  <Laurent.Decorps@sungard.com> wrote:
> Hi Gordon,
>
> Yes, I think I went slightly further ->
>
> python qpid-config -b guest/guest@192.168.1.3:5672 add exchange topic MsgServer --durable
--sequence

> gives me this
>
> Failed: NotFound: no such queue: qmf.default.topic
>
> I just want to replicate in the java world the setup I have with qpidd. Which boils down
to being able to run the broker with auth=no and with a topic that would be created by the
pyton script above. If there was a way to populate virtualhosts.xml that would be wonderful
but I am not sure that's doable at the moment...

e.g. -b guest/guest@myhost:5672. That will enable PLAIN on the client which should succeed.

>> If I was to run the Cpp version, qpidd with no-auth, that would work nicely.
>>
>> Now my question is: what do I need to configure to run my java server with the "no-auth"
cpp equivalent ?

> As above, one option is to use the guest/guest account which exists by default. Alternatively
you can enable ANONYMOUS support for qpid-server, but I'll have to defer to others for details
on how to accomplish that.

> One word of warning however, is that the python based command line tools such as qpid-config
were developed against qpidd and so don't work perfectly against qpid-server for all cases.
Creating and deleting is ok, querying tends to give confusing results. Even worse however,
for the upcoming 0.18 release they don't work at all.

> If you can describe your use case there may be some suggestion on alternate ways to accomplish
it that may cause less frustration.