qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>
Subject Re: java no-auth
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 15:44:06 GMT
Please be aware that - unless something changed in the last releases
since Qpid 0.14 / MRG-M 2.1 - the sequencing in C++ broker doesn't
ensure unique numbers. The problem I found when investigating this
functionality is that the sequence is restarted when the broker is
restarted and starts from 1 again ... i.e. it is not persisted to the
disk.

Regards
Jakub

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 5:02 PM,  <Laurent.Decorps@sungard.com> wrote:
> had a feedback from our technical director, he clarified the rationale behind the sequence.
To understand this fully, you have to consider that our architecture also involves a data
cache. It's like an object oriented database which serves data to client processes. The data
cache also registers to the message broker, so it is also notified when some data are being
changed by a client. Therefore, when client request new data to the data cache, it is guaranteed
to have the freshest set of data. Now you should be able to understand this: