qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java example Hello.java throws NPE
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 21:14:01 GMT
Roger is using RabbitMQ for the server side.

As Rajith has already indicated, the Hello example wont work if you want to
use 0-9-1 as the newer address syntax was only implemented for AMQP-0-10
section of the client, but I see from your other emails you have already
figured out the BURL: prefix to use the other syntax (you can also use a
system property to change the default syntax so you dont need the prefix:
-Dqpid.dest_syntax=BURL). If you are only going to be connecting to
RabbitMQ then you might also want to use -Dqpid.amqp.version=0-9-1 to
restrict the initial connection attempt to AMQP 0-9-1 instead of letting it
try 0-10 first and falling back to 0-9-1 when the broker indicates it
doesnt support 0-10.

(I think the BindingURL example Rajith pasted below might actually be
missing a / after amq.topic as well)

Robbie