qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java no-auth
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 21:03:31 GMT
The Java broker doesn't support Anonymous authentication in 0.16, but it
does as of 0.18 (which is currently being voted on for release, candidate
artifacts available at: http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.18/ ).
Support for Anonymous can be configured in etc/config.xml by replacing the
<pd-auth-manager> ... </pd-auth-manager> segment with
<anonymous-auth-manager/>. It is possible to have multiple auth managers
with per-port mappings but it doesn't sound like you need that
functionality.

The QMF based python command line tools for the C++ broker have never been
particularly well supported by the Java broker, we have some unfinished
QMFv1 support in there but the substantially different QMFv2 came along
shortly after it was added and it sounds like the tools have finally moved
to QMFv2 and broken what functionality did work. We plan to extract the
QMFv1 support from the Java broker soon, until we can work on QMFv2 suport
at a later date. In the meantime the Java broker has a long standing JMX
management interface you can use with Jconsole/VisualVM/Qpid JMX Management
Console/etc, as well as a new HTTP management interface and web ui
(replacing the JMX console going forward) initially available in 0.18 and
being improved beyond that.

Robbie