qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java no-auth
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 15:49:10 GMT
Interesting - persisting the id to disk was one of the reasons I
thought it would be awkward to do in the Java Broker :-) (by the time
you are assigning the id within the exchange it has already been saved
to disk, so this would require a modification... I assumed that
because of the different way the C++ broker models storage that it
wouldn't be such an issue for that code).

-- Rob

On 22 August 2012 17:44, Jakub Scholz <jakub@scholz.cz> wrote:
> Please be aware that - unless something changed in the last releases
> since Qpid 0.14 / MRG-M 2.1 - the sequencing in C++ broker doesn't
> ensure unique numbers. The problem I found when investigating this
> functionality is that the sequence is restarted when the broker is
> restarted and starts from 1 again ... i.e. it is not persisted to the
> disk.
>
> Regards
> Jakub
>
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 5:02 PM,  <Laurent.Decorps@sungard.com> wrote:
>> had a feedback from our technical director, he clarified the rationale behind the
sequence. To understand this fully, you have to consider that our architecture also involves
a data cache. It's like an object oriented database which serves data to client processes.
The data cache also registers to the message broker, so it is also notified when some data
are being changed by a client. Therefore, when client request new data to the data cache,
it is guaranteed to have the freshest set of data. Now you should be able to understand this: