qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java no-auth
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 12:23:25 GMT
Hi Laurent,

can you explain a little more your requirements around message
sequence?  I did look at implementing this in the Java broker at one
point, however because of the way that the Java Broker works there's
no easy way to guarantee that the order at which messages arrive at an
exchange correspond with the order in which they are enqueued in a
queue (except where the messages are produced by the same connection).
 Moreover modifying the message header is a bit messy.

Cheers,
Rob

On 22 August 2012 13:28,  <Laurent.Decorps@sungard.com> wrote:
> Ok, it seems there is no pd-auth-manager node at all.
>
> Now, it also seems that the java broker, even in its version 0.18, does not support the
sequence attribute for an exchange / topic. At least, it is not reported by the JMX console.

> So I think that's the end of the game :|
>
> Kind Regards

(which is currently being voted on for release, candidate artifacts available at: http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.18/
).
> Support for Anonymous can be configured in etc/config.xml by replacing the <pd-auth-manager>
... </pd-auth-manager> segment with <anonymous-auth-manager/>. It is possible
to have multiple auth managers with per-port mappings but it doesn't sound like you need that
functionality.

> The QMF based python command line tools for the C++ broker have never been particularly
well supported by the Java broker, we have some unfinished
> QMFv1 support in there but the substantially different QMFv2 came along shortly after
it was added and it sounds like the tools have finally moved to QMFv2 and broken what functionality
did work. We plan to extract the
> QMFv1 support from the Java broker soon, until we can work on QMFv2 suport at a later
date. In the meantime the Java broker has a long standing JMX management interface you can
use with Jconsole/VisualVM/Qpid JMX Management Console/etc, as well as a new HTTP management
interface and web ui (replacing the JMX console going forward) initially available in 0.18
and being improved beyond that.