qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Davide Anastasia" <Davide.Anasta...@qualitycapital.com>
Subject RE: Setting up Kerberos security
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 13:52:49 GMT
Hi Gordon,
I'm using the C++ broker, v. 0.14, the one shipped with RHEL6.
I have used the guide in your page to set up the Kerberos server,
without success.

How can I explicitly require GSSAPI as the mechanism? How can I change
it in the /etc/sasl2/qpidd.conf file? I'm just checking whether the
cyrus-sasl is available.

Best,
Davide

-----Original Message-----
From: Gordon Sim [mailto:gsim@redhat.com]
Sent: 09 August 2012 10:05
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: Setting up Kerberos security

On 08/08/2012 05:00 PM, Davide Anastasia wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can anybody point me to a guide that could help me to setup Kerberos
> to work with Qpid?

Which broker are you using? qpidd (i.e. c++) or qpid-server (Java).

If the former, is
http://qpid.apache.org/books/0.16/AMQP-Messaging-Broker-CPP-Book/html/ch
ap-Messaging_User_Guide-Security.html
the text you have already seen?

> I've been trying to follow the steps described in the User Manual, but

> Qpid still uses its SASL database for authentication.

Which client are you using, and are you explicitly requesting GSSAPI as
the mechanism? If using qpidd, does your /etc/sasl2/qpidd.conf file have
the mech_list set and does the list include GSSAPI? Do you have the
cyrus-sasl gssapi module installed?