qpid-users mailing list archives

From <Laurent.Deco...@sungard.com>
Subject RE: java no-auth
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 13:54:23 GMT
Rob,

The application I work on has an adhoc message server which is used to broadcast the changes
done by any business process that might be running.
We are currently investigating qpid as a replacement for our messaging infrastructure. Qpid
covers nicely the JMS side of things, both with the java and the Cpp version.
Now, for our internal message bus, the java version, for the reason that you know, does not
seem to cut it.

In essence, each of our processes register with the broker, so that when one process modifies
a piece of data, it publishes it to the message broker, which then broadcast the change to
all the listening processors, therefore maintaining all the processors in synch.

Does that help ?

Kind Regards

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Godfrey [mailto:rob.j.godfrey@gmail.com]
Sent: 22 August 2012 14:23
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: java no-auth

Hi Laurent,

can you explain a little more your requirements around message sequence?  I did look at implementing
this in the Java broker at one point, however because of the way that the Java Broker works
there's no easy way to guarantee that the order at which messages arrive at an exchange correspond
with the order in which they are enqueued in a queue (except where the messages are produced
by the same connection).
 Moreover modifying the message header is a bit messy.

Cheers,
Rob

On 22 August 2012 13:28,  <Laurent.Decorps@sungard.com> wrote:
> Ok, it seems there is no pd-auth-manager node at all.
>
> Now, it also seems that the java broker, even in its version 0.18, does not support the
sequence attribute for an exchange / topic. At least, it is not reported by the JMX console.

> So I think that's the end of the game :|
>
> Kind Regards

(which is currently being voted on for release, candidate artifacts available at: http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.18/
).
> Support for Anonymous can be configured in etc/config.xml by replacing the <pd-auth-manager>
... </pd-auth-manager> segment with <anonymous-auth-manager/>. It is possible
to have multiple auth managers with per-port mappings but it doesn't sound like you need that
functionality.

> The QMF based python command line tools for the C++ broker have never
> been particularly well supported by the Java broker, we have some
> unfinished
> QMFv1 support in there but the substantially different QMFv2 came
> along shortly after it was added and it sounds like the tools have
> finally moved to QMFv2 and broken what functionality did work. We plan
> to extract the
> QMFv1 support from the Java broker soon, until we can work on QMFv2 suport at a later
date. In the meantime the Java broker has a long standing JMX management interface you can
use with Jconsole/VisualVM/Qpid JMX Management Console/etc, as well as a new HTTP management
interface and web ui (replacing the JMX console going forward) initially available in 0.18
and being improved beyond that.