qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: java no-auth
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 14:30:57 GMT
On 08/22/2012 03:15 PM, Rob Godfrey wrote:
> I looked at this
> briefly before but couldn't really understand a use case where this
> feature would be useful.
>
> Are you looking for the broker to identify a total ordering over all
> messages going through an exchange? Do you need an incrementing
> integer?

The feature on the c++ broker was for a totally ordered sequence of all
messages through the exchange. The pre-1.0 AMQP model is not ideal for
pub-sub where you want all subscribers to receive events in the same
order. That extension to the exchange was a way of working around it
where absolutely needed.

I think actually a modified browsable queue would be a better approach,
where messages were deleted after being seen by all browsers.