qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: java no-auth
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 14:17:41 GMT
On 08/21/2012 01:03 PM, Laurent.Decorps@sungard.com wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I would like to run the qpid-config python script against the java qpid-server.
>
> When I do something like
>
> python qpid-config add exchange topic MsgServer --durable --sequence
>
> I get
>
> Failed: AuthenticationFailure: sasl negotiation failed: no mechanism agreed

You can get around that by specifying a username and password as part of
the broker url e.g. -b guest/guest@myhost:5672. That will enable PLAIN
on the client which should succeed.

> If I was to run the Cpp version, qpidd with no-auth, that would work nicely.
>
> Now my question is: what do I need to configure to run my java server with the "no-auth"
cpp equivalent ?

As above, one option is to use the guest/guest account which exists by
default. Alternatively you can enable ANONYMOUS support for qpid-server,
but I'll have to defer to others for details on how to accomplish that.

One word of warning however, is that the python based command line tools
such as qpid-config were developed against qpidd and so don't work
perfectly against qpid-server for all cases. Creating and deleting is
ok, querying tends to give confusing results. Even worse however, for
the upcoming 0.18 release they don't work at all.

If you can describe your use case there may be some suggestion on
alternate ways to accomplish it that may cause less frustration.