qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Setting up Kerberos security
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 11:38:20 GMT
On 08/13/2012 12:25 PM, Davide Anastasia wrote:
> Hi Gordon,
> I'm trying to setup my Kerberos subsystem, hence I don't exclude there
> are errors in my current configuration.
> Is there anything that I should check more specifically?

The first test is whether you can kinit a user successfully on the
machine(s) from which you wish to run any qpid components. That step
doesn't involve those qpid components at all, but ensures that the
kerberos setup is valid.

If you have a pre-existing KDC for example, then it will check that the
krb5.conf correctly points at it (in the error message the realm used is
EXAMPLE.COM, which sounds liker it has not been explicitly configured).

A useful reference might be
https://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/Managing_Smart_Cards/index.html#Using_Kerberos