qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Setting up Kerberos security
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 14:40:27 GMT
On 08/09/2012 02:52 PM, Davide Anastasia wrote:
> Hi Gordon,
> I'm using the C++ broker, v. 0.14, the one shipped with RHEL6.
> I have used the guide in your page to set up the Kerberos server,
> without success.

Ok, and what client(s) are you using to connect?

> How can I explicitly require GSSAPI as the mechanism?

You can either explicitly limit the broker to only support that one
mechanism by editing the 'mech_list' option in /etc/sasl2/qpidd.conf, e.g.

mech_list: GSSAPI

Alternatively, you can specify through the client options which
mechanism you want to use (the broker must also support it)

> How can I change
> it in the /etc/sasl2/qpidd.conf file?

As above, just edit the mech_list. Make sure if specified that it
includes GSSAPI (if not specified at all it will allow all mechanisms
for which plugins are installed).

> I'm just checking whether the
> cyrus-sasl is available.

Try rpm -qv cyrus-sasl-gssapi.