qpid-users mailing list archives

From holger <holger.cae...@credit-suisse.com>
Subject Why does QPID create the exchange amq.direct?
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 09:35:54 GMT
Hi everyone,
I am trying to understand what the QPID C++ broker (v0.14) and JMS client
are doing under the hood. I have a scenario where I connect to a queue
("BURL:Q") and read and write from it. I already noticed that the default
settings in this case are to create the queue and set it to durable.
Now I am trying to setup ACL rules that do give the user the appropriate
rights for this test case, but not for anything else.

To my surprise I require the permission to create an exchange ("acl allow
users create exchange"). After looking at the logging output, I realized
that the client is declaring an exchange, which throws the exception:

1008 DEBUG [main]  org.apache.qpid.transport.Connection     - SEND:
[conn:11e7c5cb] ch=0 id=1 ExchangeDeclare(exchange=amq.direct, type=direct,
passive=true)
1015 DEBUG [IoReceiver - gbl20004204.eu.hedani.net/166.12.91.155:5672]
org.apache.qpid.transport.Connection     - RECV: [conn:11e7c5cb] ch=0
ExecutionException(errorCode=UNAUTHORIZED_ACCESS, commandId=1, classCode=7,
commandCode=1, fieldIndex=0, description=unauthorized-access: ACL denied
exchange create request from holger@QPID
(qpid/broker/SessionAdapter.cpp:87), errorInfo={})

My question is now. Why does it do that? Shouldn't it understand that
amq.direct is always there and that he doesn't need the permission to create
it?

Cheers,
Holger