qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: proposal to remove certain features from qpidd
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 13:43:21 GMT
On 07/23/2012 05:07 PM, Jakub Scholz wrote:
> Hi Carl,
>
> I definitely do not see any problem in sacrificing the features like
> LVQ. I'm not so sure about browsing ... do we need to disable browsing
> to have the real flow to disk queue? If yes, what about multiple
> consumers connected to the same queue or acknowledging the messages
> out of order?

For me having looked at this a while back, it comes down to
simplification. If we can create a subclass of the queue (based on
gsim's nice refactor) that supports true ' flow to disk' then if we can
eliminate features that require you to cursor though the FIFO on disk
that will make the implementation more efficient.

So if flow to disk can be functionally isolated and still meet the use
cases, that would be optimal from a broker point of view, however there
is no point doing that if it does not meet users needs.

Carl.