qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: proposal to remove certain features from qpidd
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 20:27:25 GMT

> features to drop are:
>
> (i) legacy lvq modes; lvq support would still remain, only the two old
> and peculiar modes would go; I really doubt anyone actually depends on
> these anyway, they were more a limitation than a feature

+1

> (ii) asynchronous queue replication; solution is not mature enough for
> real world use anyway due to fragility and inability to resync; new HA
> mechanism as introduced in 0.16 and improved on in 0.18 should address
> the need anyway.

Does the new HA allow async replication -- or is there a way to
transition the users that user async queue replication to build large
clusters and do long distance DR between data centres. The guys that use
this feature have hundreds brokers deployed and they would need a path
to move forward.

> (iii) clustering including last-man-standing mode; design is brittle
> and currently ties it to linux platform; new HA is the long term
> solution here anyway.

+1 to remove last man standing

> (iv) flow to disk; current solution really doesn't solve the problem
> anyway

+1,

-- what is the plan to get large message support?