qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: qpid-send and qpid-receive utilities
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 13:37:56 GMT
On 07/11/2012 03:21 PM, Ken Giusti wrote:
> Sorry for the late feedback...

Likewise!

> +1 to renaming qpid-cpp-benchmark to qpid-benchmark.   I think moving qpid-benchmark
into qpid/tools makes sense - it is a 'tool', even if it is not exactly a management tool.
:)

> Is the intent also to install qpid-benchmark as part of the tool install, like qpid-route?

If it went under tools, then yes.

> I'd be in favor of that, but that would require making the qpid-send/receive part of
the tool install also.

I don't think it does. I think the script is just a driver for
separately installable test executables. That said, I'm not entirely
convinced tools is the right place. I still think extras may be better...

> Since qpid-send.cpp/qpid-receive.cpp live in qpid/cpp/src/tests, then should the python
variants of those tools live in qpid/python/tests - for consistency?

The python client tests are actually under qpid/python/qpid/tests. I'm
not sure that the python and c++ trees are similar enough that
consistency between them is easy to define.