qpid-users mailing list archives

From ParkiratBagga <parkiratba...@gmail.com>
Subject Fanout Queue Sizing Architecture
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 06:53:15 GMT
Hi,

I have some question for fanout queues.

Que1 - I have a fanout exchange and there are 2 queue's attached to the
fanout exchange. Now, when the messages are coming to the exchange, and
being replicated to both the queues. What will be the space occupied by
these messages, as they are the same messages for both the queues? Say I had
sent 100kb of messages, will they occupy 100kb or 200kb after replication,
within the same broker.

Que2 - If there is not actual replication(means 2 copies to message) and
there is only the reference count which is maintained b/w the queues, and I
have 2 queues under fanout exchange for same in-memory size(say 100mb). Will
I be able to send only 100mb of messages to both the queue's or 200mb worth
of messages to both the queues(combined).

Que3 - What will be the behavior of the fanout queue's with respect to the
above 2 questions in case of flow-to-disk enabled with persistence store?
Will it change from the behavior of having only in-memory?

Regards,
Parkirat.