qpid-users mailing list archives

From Kim van der Riet <kim.vdr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: C++ Qpid broker does not start when queue full.
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 18:56:41 GMT
On Wed, 2012-07-25 at 11:46 -0700, ParkiratBagga wrote:
> Yes, I agree to this. But what if the consumer have stopped due to some error
> and the queue got full.
> When, I tried to re-start, qpid server log gives the indication that the
> queue is full and it did not started until I resized the queue to a bigger
> size.
>
> But, if we cannot enqueue more than 80%, broker should have been started.

This is what the resize tool is used for - those cases where a broker
gets too full due to an error condition. The broker achieves some of its
performance by being a fixed-size circular buffer, and unfortunately
getting full and becoming "stuck" as a result is one of its down-sides.
There is currently some thought on changing the journal file management
to help alleviate this problem, but for now it is a limitation of this
type of store module.