qpid-users mailing list archives

From ParkiratBagga <parkiratba...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Qpid Journal Error - RHM_IORES_EMPTY
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 15:05:11 GMT
Hi,

Today, I tried to replicate the same issue. Though, we were able to
replicate, but whatever steps we have done today were not done when the
issue came for the first time.

Steps done:

1. Both the consumer and producer were running and the producer over-running
the consumer to achieve enqueue-capacity-threshold for 2-3 times.

2. Then we increased the queue size using resize tool provided with the
persistence store, and started running the same test as above.

3. We go the RHM_IORES_EMPTY error, and on running the store_chk, it said
there is no message in the queue but there were 2k messages present inside.

4. Moreover "qpid-config queues" was showing previous configuration of the
queue.

I believe, somehow Qpid Server configuration got corrupted and we saw the
error. But, we did nothing like this the first time, when it came. We were
just running plain perf test, then how the Journal got corrupted?
Moreover this error is coming on each and every queue on that particular
broker.

I was not able to replicate this in my local just by over-running the
consumers. Is it something related to OS or deployment/installation?

My Questions remain the same:

What should I do to stop the broker error to propagate to client and why
does my connection options like retries and connectiondelay does not work
here?

What configurations, should I use to prevent the same error coming?

Regards,
Parkirat