qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: error Execution exception: not-found: Unknown destination 9 (qpid/broker/SemanticState.cpp:563)
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 11:45:28 GMT
Hi all,
I've not had any response to this but I've dug a little further and I'm
pretty sure that there's actually a bug floating around - possibly in
the JMS client runtime in the Connection classes relating to automatic
reconnection/failover.

As I say below I'm seeing broker errors "error Execution exception:
not-found: Unknown destination ...." where I get different numbers
reported (possibly subscription names though I'm not completely sure)
however I think the broker error is actually a symptom not the problem.

I have a JMS connection to the (qpid 0.12 c++) broker, which is
supposedly set up for automatic reconnection using
&retries='2147483647'&connectdelay='5000' which *should* attempt
reconnection every five seconds more or less forever.

The reconnection does generally seem to work and I've got a JMS based
QMF2 console connected, however in one of my tests I've been starting
and stopping the broker in pretty rapid succession and I've been
periodically hitting the above problem.

Digging further I've noticed JMS exceptions being thrown in my application:

JMSException caught in getObjects() Message consumer forcibly closed due
to error: org.apache.qpid.AMQException: ch=6 id=0
ExecutionException(errorCode=NOT_FOUND, commandId=45, classCode=4,
commandCode=10, fieldIndex=0, description=not-found: Unknown destination
3 (qpid/broker/SemanticState.cpp:563), errorInfo={}) [error code 404:
not found]

<in a later call>

JMSException caught in getObjects() Object
org.apache.qpid.client.BasicMessageProducer_0_10@58b51c29 has been closed

<in a later call>

JMSException caught in getObjects() Session has been closed

In another run I had:

Exception in thread "IoReceiver - localhost/127.0.0.1:5672"
java.lang.NullPointerException
     at
org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnectionDelegate_0_10.closed(AMQConnectionDelegate_0_10.java:285)
     at org.apache.qpid.transport.Connection.closed(Connection.java:568)
     at
org.apache.qpid.transport.network.Assembler.closed(Assembler.java:110)
     at
org.apache.qpid.transport.network.InputHandler.closed(InputHandler.java:202)
     at
org.apache.qpid.transport.network.io.IoReceiver.run(IoReceiver.java:150)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
Sleep 5

org.apache.qpid.client.AMQSession_0_10@19e09a4 has been closed

org.apache.qpid.client.BasicMessageProducer_0_10@79014e21 has been closed

<in a later call>

JMSException caught in getObjects() Session has been closed

So this is suggesting to me that there's a bug somewhere in the JMS auto
reconnection logic that is failing to properly recreate the state.

Has anyone else encountered this? So is this a bug or am I doing
something wrong?

Cheers,
Frase