qpid-users mailing list archives

From Chuck Rolke <cro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Is it reasonable to clear the messages in one given queue which haven't been received by any receiver?
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 15:23:33 GMT
Clearing a queue could be done by your receiver: just open a connection/session/receiver and
receive everything until you recognize that you are in sync with your sender.

Or you could open a temporary queue created by the receiver that is guaranteed to be empty
every time the receiver starts. Then the sender only sends if the queue exists and the sender
thereby knows that a receiver is in place.

There is a management method for queues called 'purge' that gives you a back door way to clear
messages. Avoid using this method for your day-to-day message traffic.

-C