qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: QMF2 doesn't seem to behave as expected in federated network
Date Sun, 06 May 2012 12:27:32 GMT
On 6 May 2012 11:37, Fraser Adams <fraser.adams@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,

<snip>

> Also looking through the QMF2 project page documentation
> https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/qmfv2-project-page.html there is a paragraph
> thus:
>
> *Federation is supported.* In QMFv1, messages cannot be transferred over
> federation links between brokers. Each broker represents its own isolated
> QMF domain. In QMFv2, agents and consoles can connect to any broker in a
> federated network and interact with other agents and consoles anywhere in
> the network.
>

> So what this seems to be implying is that should I connect a QMF2 Console to
> any broker in a federated network I *should* be able to see information for
> any broker in the network, this doesn't *seem* do be happening. Is this mode
> of operation actually supported, is there anything that I need to do?
> getObjects("broker") seems to resolutely only return a single entry.
>

> Cheers,
> Frase

Hi Fraser

I can't really speak to how it should/does work, or any of the other
stuff which I snipped out, but I thought I'd reply on this bit to say
thats not how I would read the quoted section. What I think it is
saying is that if you wanted to you could have a set of federated
brokers with your own agents and consoles connected to them and
organise things such that you can connect consoles to any of the
brokers and interact with any of the agents (/with each other) using
QMF 2, but not using QMF 1 where you could only contact agents
connected to the same broker. I'm not sure it is really talking about
the brokers own internal management Agent at all.

With that said, I will now defer to someone who might actually know for sure :)

Robbie