qpid-users mailing list archives

From Zhihua Che <zhihua....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it reasonable to clear the messages in one given queue which haven't been received by any receiver?
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 02:18:16 GMT
2012/5/9 Chuck Rolke <crolke@redhat.com>:
> Clearing a queue could be done by your receiver: just open a connection/session/receiver
and receive everything until you recognize that you are in sync with your sender.

> Or you could open a temporary queue created by the receiver that is guaranteed to be
empty every time the receiver starts. Then the sender only sends if the queue exists and the
sender thereby knows that a receiver is in place.

> There is a management method for queues called 'purge' that gives you a back door way
to clear messages. Avoid using this method for your day-to-day message traffic.

Thanks for your  info.

But I guess I can't find any docs about these APIs... By the way, is
this page http://qpid.apache.org/apis/0.14/cpp/html/index.html a
complete and accurate API reference?
Are there any APIs for creating or deleting or controlling or
configuring queues at runtime?