qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Erlang client for Qpid C++ Broker
Date Mon, 28 May 2012 17:42:14 GMT
Erlang does not have a swig binding.
Your bet best is to do an Erlang driver. But AFIK drivers can only be in C.
Therefore you might have to get a C wrapper around the C++

Even if you get all that going, the difference in the programming paradigms
(functional vs oo) might prevent you from getting the best out of erlang
and it's capabilities.

A more longer term solution is to probably look at using the proton-c stuff
(written using C and is AMQP 1.0), where you can get an erlang driver for
the AMQP protocol stuff.
And then build an API using the idioms that are more suitable for a
functional language and erlang.
This approach IMO is more suited for getting a more a useful erlang client
which can be properly exploited in an erlang env.

Rajith