qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rajith Attapattu <rajit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: QPID (JMS) - What is the best way to check if the connection is still valid?
Date Mon, 28 May 2012 17:34:39 GMT
Hamid,

At the moment JMS provides transparent failover. Therefore you will only
get notified (via the exception listener) if you cannot reconnect
successfully.
Since these reconnects are transparent to the application, I wonder why you
want to log them?

If you really want to go that route, you could turn off transparent
failover using failover='nofailover' in the connection URL.
This will allow you to reconnect manually instead of letting the client do
it and you could easily do you logging.

Another potential option is to look at what QMF might offer.
QMF (the management framework) *may* provide events if a connection is lost
under certain circumstances.
Ex. network issue.  However it will not provide events if the broker being
connected to dies.

Hope this helps.

Rajith