qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: QMF2 doesn't seem to behave as expected in federated network
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 17:46:58 GMT
Hi again all,
just prodding again to see if anyone has any more thought on this, in
particular:

The federationLink and systemConnection properties remain resolutely
"false" when that's definitely not the case and incoming remains "true"
whatever I do. Is there any point to these properties? am I doing
something wrong? There seems no point in presenting the info from them
in my application as the information seems very misleading.

do these actually change in any circumstance, as far as I have seen they
don't :-(

Also are there any more thoughts about what QMF2 is *supposed* to do in
a federated network. The wiki says that federation is supported but I
can't see how one would use it, has anyone tried to use QMF2 in a
federated network? I can clearly connect to each broker in turn but
that's a bit tedious.

Re "In QMFv2, agents and consoles can connect to any broker in a
federated network and interact with other agents and consoles anywhere
in the network." what does this *actually* mean in practice and what
would I have to put in place to make it meaningful, would I have to
explicitly add routes between the qmf exchanges? how would I establish
bidirectional comms (any broker anywhere in the network) without
introducing looping. Some examples here would be useful, clearly I'm
missing something.

Cheers,
Frase