qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject QMF2 doesn't seem to behave as expected in federated network
Date Sun, 06 May 2012 10:37:25 GMT
Hi all,
I'm looking through a bunch of QMF2 object properties and statistics and
things don't seem to add up (all qpid 0.12)

I've stood up two brokers and have created a source queue route between
them

     qpid-config add queue federate --limit-policy=ring
     qpid-config bind amq.match federate fedkey all
data-service=amqp-delivery
     qpid-route -s queue add localhost:5673 localhost:5672 amq.match
federate

However I cut this, whether I use source routes or standard routes or
whether I do qpid-config -a localhost:5673 etc. and fire up the route in
the opposite direction the same general thing happens (or rather
doesn't!!!!!!).

I'd have expected the connection QMF objects describing the inter broker
connection to give a little more info....

The federationLink and systemConnection properties remain resolutely
"false" when that's definitely not the case and incoming remains "true"
whatever I do. Is there any point to these properties? am I doing
something wrong? There seems no point in presenting the info from them
in my application as the information seems very misleading.

Also the remote process name and remote PID property seems to be unset
on federated links, it might be nice if it was set to qpidd.

Also looking through the QMF2 project page documentation
https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/qmfv2-project-page.html there is a
paragraph thus:

*Federation is supported.* In QMFv1, messages cannot be transferred over
federation links between brokers. Each broker represents its own
isolated QMF domain. In QMFv2, agents and consoles can connect to any
broker in a federated network and interact with other agents and
consoles anywhere in the network.

So what this seems to be implying is that should I connect a QMF2
Console to any broker in a federated network I *should* be able to see
information for any broker in the network, this doesn't *seem* do be
happening. Is this mode of operation actually supported, is there
anything that I need to do? getObjects("broker") seems to resolutely
only return a single entry.

Cheers,
Frase