qpid-users mailing list archives

From CLIVE <cl...@ckjltd.co.uk>
Subject Re: QPID performance on virtual machines
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 17:29:40 GMT
James,

qpid-perf-test (as supplied with the qpid-0.14 source tar ball) runs a
direct queue test when executed without any parameters; there is a
command line option that enables this to be be changed if required.  The
message size is 1024K (again default size when not explicitly set). And
500000 messages are published by the test (again the default when not
explicitly set). All messages are transient so I wouldn't expect any
file I/O overhead to interfere with the test and this is confirmed by
the vmstat results I am seeing. The only jump in the vmstat output is
the number of context switches that are occurring which jumps up into
the thousands.

Clive