qpid-users mailing list archives

From oggie <gog...@gmail.com>
Subject monitoring and alarms/alerts
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 18:29:10 GMT
While evaluating QPid, I also need to determine if it can be monitored
easily. Our current monitoring tool is nagios.

We need to be able to monitor the queue for things such as:
1 - empty queue
2 - full queue
3 - old messages
4 - slowness
etc.

As far as I can tell, there's three options:
1 - Add the startup option to have qpid write to the system log and then
just get nagios to montor that log
2 - Use QMF and write a nagios plugin in python to use QMF.
3 - Write a jmx client plugin for nagios that uses the jmx interface in
qpid.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Anything they'd like to share? Is
one option better than the others?

I think the #1 and #2 would be the quickest to implement.

Thanks!